Questions I’ve been investigating:
- How to make politics interesting?
- How to protect the Commons?
- What is the value of creativity?
- What are the connections between imagination, culture and creativity and economic development and social change?
Work I’m currently engaged in:
- Organizing a new citizen’s action organization, Protect Our Public Assets
- Wrote article for OnTheCommons.org describing privatization conference I attended
- Organizing The TIF Report
- Preparing programming on creativity and business for The IIT Stuart School of Business
- Published “Dear Members of the International Olympic Committee – Emails from the No Games Chicago Campaign” (download text for free!)
Dear Members of the International Olympic Committee – Emails from the No Games Chicago Campaign
- Preparing op-ed for “Chronicle of Philanthropy” – “If You’re Reading This Run! (for local office)
Services I offer:
- Ideation and creative strategic planning for breakthrough insight for businesses and nonprofit organizations
- Community and economic development for neighborhoods and cities
- Stop privatization. fight Mega Projects. Creative community organizing.
- Keynote presentations, workshops and training on creativity and social change, the politics of creativity, the artist as leader, why YOU should run for local office.
Classes I’m teaching:
- “Acting Up – Using Theater & Technology for Social Change” – DePaul School for New Learning (online, Fall 2011)
- “Nonprofit Management” – Loyola School of Social Work (online, Fall 2011)
- “Got Creativity? Strategies & Tools for the Next Economy” – IIT Stuart School of Business (Spring, 2012)